Watermelons are rich in lycopene- a member of the carotene family. Carotenes exert both anti inflammatory and anti oxidant activity in the human body.
Pineapple contains a phytonutrient called bromelain that is well known for its ability to help reduce inflammation.
Ginger root reduces inflammation as well as nausea, pain and provides heartburn relief. It also aids digestion and can help to encourage thermogenesis in the body which may boost metabolism.
• 1/3 pineapple, cored and skin removed
• 2 large watermelon slices
• 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger root
• Cut pineapple away from core and rind.
• Wash watermelon well and cut 2 large slices. You can juice the rind as well as the flesh of the watermelon.
• Wash ginger root and cut a 1 in (2.5 cm) piece to juice.
• Place all ingredients into juicer.
Pour over ice and enjoy!
It is rich in electrolytes and anti oxidant nutrients like potassium, magnesium, Vitamin C (140% of your daily value), beta-carotene and contains some sodium. These nutrients are important before, during and after exercise. Rather than reaching for a commercial sports drink, you can make your own that is even healthier!